Thank you for your interest in becoming a part of Amputee Blade Runners. We are extremely excited to always hear from amputees interested in pursuing running. Please fill out the form on the link below and email back to [email protected]
What to expect when applying for our grant program:
- Complete ALL parts of the application, along with all requirement & email to: [email protected]
- For Adults, each applicant must COMPLETE (we didn’t say run!) (THREE) 5K’s & send in pics & results from each race.
- For children, we ask that each applicant complete at least (ONE) 1 mile fun run.
- Our team will review application & items submitted to ensure we have all necessary materials.
- IF all items are sent in properly, then applicant will go through at least TWO Phone Call/Face Time interviews within ONE month.
- The Amputee Blade Runners Board will then vote on applicant once they have completed the interviews, along with any additional requirements.
- If approved, then each applicant will have a Phone Call/FaceTime Call with one of our prosthetist to gather more medical information.
- If a new socket is being discussed that this will include getting residual limb measurements, plus other info.
- This may include residual limb preparation, or general fitness/ exercise requests from our team.
- Each approved applicant will be REQUIRED to travel to either Nashville, TN, or Savannah, GA, in order to become properly fitted.
- Time duration of your time in Nashville, or Savannah is generally 6-7 days
- At this time, we accept applications on a rolling basis throughout the year.
* ABR does NOT provide travel assistance at this time & we will choose location of services based on applicants needs.
* At this time, ABR ONLY provides assistance to individuals in the United States.
* We do ask that applicants be at least ONE year post fitting from their 1st prosthesis before apply.